About Studds Accessories
a) Started in the year 1972, Studds Accessories today is the largest two-wheeler helmet manufacturer of the world(In terms of a total number of helmets sold in FY 2018 (source: F&S Industry report) diligently serving their customers with safety, style, and comfort. In FY18-19, they have manufactured 58.9 Cr helmets.
b) With a market share of more than 25% in India, they have established themselves as the largest organized player in the industry. What started as small manufacturing set up is today 2 manufacturing facilities company spread across almost 6 acres in Faridabad, Haryana.
c) Largest- Manufacturer of Helmets in the world, UNIQUE- Their laboratory is the only one in the industry (in India) to be certified by European Safety Agency, and Safety – They use one of the best technologies in the world to
produce certified products.
d) Truly a multi-product, multi-location, and multi-market company, the Company today has 3 operational and one under construction in Faridabad, Haryana. Backed by a strong portfolio of more than 50 products and a strong dealer network, the two major brands of the Company STUDDS and SMK are synonymous with quality two-wheeler helmets.
Presence of the Company
The company has a presence in almost 39 countries in the world.
a) Innovation- 16 New Products launches in the last 3 years.
b) Excellence- 21 No. of quality/safety tests done in-house (per helmet as per ECE 22.05 standard).
c) Adaptability- 7 Different sizes are available in the helmet.
d) Presence- Over 360 Active dealer network across India as on 31st March 2018 across more than 30 countries.
Look and Feel of the Products of the Company
a) Full-face helmet and b) Flip-up full-face helmets
c) Flip-off full-face helmets and
d) Open Face Helmets
e) Sporting helmets and f) Industrial Helmets
(a) The company sells a helmet in the range of Rs.825 to 2165 under the brand name Studds having a market share of 25% as of FY18.
(b) The company sells a helmet in the range of Rs.2300 to 9800 under the brand name SMK having a market share of 27.79% as of FY18.
(c) Apart from selling a helmet the company also in the business of Motorcycle Accessories like Jacket, Gloves, Glass, etc.
(d) The 90% of the Revenue comes from Helmet division and 10% comes from Motorcycle Accessories.
(e) The 92.3% of the business comes from the Domestic Market and rest 7.97% comes from Export.
Latest Interaction with Management- 16.05.2020
How Helmets are Manufactured in Studds Factory
1. Despite challenges in the market Studds have performed well and the top line grew by 10.85%. Besides, growth in the top line, the operating EBIDTA grew at 41.16% and the PAT grew by 81.05% from the preceding year.
2. This year Studds has made significant investments to develop a world-class R&D facility, backward integration by manufacturing EPSL in the plant, with an endeavor to improve the quality of the products and meet stringent safety standards.
3. During the year, the company has stepped up efforts to improve relations with its dealers and distributors and it helped to significantly increase its market share. As of 31st March 2020, the network of 385 dealers is spread across the globe and 7 EBO’s in India.
4. This year the company has launched new products i.e. Titan Fiber, Titan Carbon, Sub Urban. They are planning to further bolster the segment with the launch of riding gear, jackets, armours, elbow guards, knee guards, and shoes.
5. This year company has sold 66.5 Lakhs (Domestic + Global) and globally has a Domestic market share in Two Wheelers helmets as 25.66%.
|Total Available Shares:||10|
|Face Value:||₹ 5 Per Equity Share|
|Lot Size:||50-100 Shares|
|Current Unlisted Share Price:||₹ Best in industry Per Equity Share|
|Retail Discount:||Bulk Deal (1%)|
|Assets and Liabilities (all figures in Million)|
|Year||Asset||Liabilities||Net Worth||Book Value||Debt||Debt/Equity||RONW|
|Profit n Loss Key Parameters (all figures in Million)|
|Year||Revenue||PAT||EBITDA Margins||Profit Margins||Outstanding Shares||EPS|