About Studds Accessories
a) Studds Accessories which has started its journey in 1972 from manufacturing first helmet in a garage is today manufacturing 7 million helmets and motorcycle luggage every year. Studds Accessories Limited has today grown to become the largest two wheeler helmet manufacturer in the world.
UNIQUE- Their laboratory is the only one in the industry (in India) to be certified by European Safety Agency, and Safety – They use one of the best technologies in the world to produce certified products.
In FY19-20, they have manufactured 66 Lakhs helmets up from 58 Lakhs last year.
b) Headquartered in Faridabad, the Company has four state-of-the-art facilities manufacturing an extensive array of over 50 products. Backed by a rich legacy, a strong product portfolio and a robust dealer network, the Company has more than 26% market share in India and offers products to more than 40 countries across the globe.
c) The company has 4 business verticals.
2. Motorcycle Accessories
3. Face Shields and Face Masks.
4. Bicycle Helmets.
d) As on 31st March 2020, Studds Accessories has a network of 385 dealers spread across the globe and 7 EBO’s in India. The company has 2053 Number of employees.
Presence of the Company
The company has a presence in almost 40 countries in the world.
a) Innovation- 16 New Products launches in the last 3 years.
b) Excellence- 21 No. of quality/safety tests done in-house (per helmet as per ECE 22.05 standard).
c) Adaptability- 7 Different sizes are available in the helmet.
d) Presence- Over 385 Active dealer network across India as on 31st March 2020 across more than 40 countries.
Look and Feel of the Products of the Company
a) Full-face helmet and b) Flip-up full-face helmets
c) Flip-off full-face helmets and
d) Open Face Helmets
e) Sporting helmets and f) Industrial Helmets
(a) The company sells a helmet in the range of Rs.825 to 2165 under the brand name Studds having a market share of 25% as of FY18.
(b) The company sells a helmet in the range of Rs.2300 to 9800 under the brand name SMK having a market share of 27.79% as of FY18.
(c) Apart from selling a helmet the company also in the business of Motorcycle Accessories like Jacket, Gloves, Glass, etc.
(d) The 90% of the Revenue comes from Helmet division and 10% comes from Motorcycle Accessories.
(e) The 92.3% of the business comes from the Domestic Market and rest 7.97% comes from Export.
Latest Interaction with Management- 16.05.2020
How Helmets are Manufactured in Studds Factory
1. Despite challenges in the market Studds have performed well and the top line grew by 10.85%. Besides, growth in the top line, the operating EBIDTA grew at 41.16% and the PAT grew by 81.05% from the preceding year.
2. This year Studds has made significant investments to develop a world-class R&D facility, backward integration by manufacturing EPSL in the plant, with an endeavor to improve the quality of the products and meet stringent safety standards.
3. During the year, the company has stepped up efforts to improve relations with its dealers and distributors and it helped to significantly increase its market share. As of 31st March 2020, the network of 385 dealers is spread across the globe and 7 EBO’s in India.
4. This year the company has launched new products i.e. Titan Fiber, Titan Carbon, Sub Urban. They are planning to further bolster the segment with the launch of riding gear, jackets, armours, elbow guards, knee guards, and shoes.
5. This year company has sold 66.5 Lakhs (Domestic + Global) and globally has a Domestic market share in Two Wheelers helmets as 25.66%.
Studds Accessories FY20-21 Performance:
Some Stats of Studds Accessories Unlisted Shares in FY2021?
1. Total helmets manufactured by Studds stands at ~64 lakh.
2. Exported to more than 45 countries.
3. Largest manufacturer of helmet in the world.
4. Studds Accessories has 4 manufacturing units in Haryana.
5. Having human capital of 2722.
Despite of washout of business and almost shutdown of manufacturing units in the first quarter of FY2021 due to nation wide lockdown announced by government of India to mitigate the spread of corona virus, Studds in the second half of the fiscal managed to deliver all the orders received during the year.
Because of Covid, the availability of raw materials remained a challenge for the company throughout a year. However, Studds worked closely with their suppliers and tried to get all the raw materials in time so to complete the orders in time.
Studds Accessories 5 years Financial performance at glance?
Opportunities available for Studds Accessories?
With growing safety concerns, governments around the world have mandated the use of helmets for riders. It has added impetus to a largely fragmented helmet market and continues to open newer opportunities in domestic as well as international markets for Studds Accessories.
New Products Launches in FY2021
Industry Overview of 2W and helmet Market
1. The two-wheeler market in India shrank significantly in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in several state and national level lockdowns across the nation.
2. In the month of March-2021, Scooters, motor cycles, and mopeds all posted increases in sales as compared to the same period a year ago, with gains of 74.0%, 74.1%, and 36.2% respectively. This is mainly due to very less activity done last year in the same period.
3. India is the largest market for 2-wheelers (e.g. scooterettes, mopeds, and motorcycles) as well as home to one of the world’s most competitive manufacturers of 2-wheeler helmets with 3.5 Crores units produced each year.
4. In India, the market for two-wheeler helmet is expected to grow around 25% by 2022 . As consumers become more aware of safety, coupled with advanced safety features being introduced in two-wheeler helmets, the market for two-wheeler helmets is expected to grow significantly.
5. According to the Motor Vehicle Act, it is mandatory for all two-wheeler riders to wear helmets. Furthermore, the government has adopted a policy that prohibits the production, sale, and use of helmets that lack an ISI certification. The policy became effective on June 1, 2021. This will be a major step for improving the safety of riders of two-wheelers. The government has taken a number of steps aimed at ensuring the safety of riders, which is a positive development. The helmet industry will benefit from all these factors.
|Total Available Shares:||10|
|Face Value:||₹ 5 Per Equity Share|
|Lot Size:||50-100 Shares|
|Current Unlisted Share Price:||₹ Best in industry Per Equity Share|
|Retail Discount:||Bulk Deal (1%)|
|Assets and Liabilities (all figures in Million)|
|Year||Asset||Liabilities||Net Worth||Book Value||Debt||Debt/Equity||RONW|
|Profit n Loss Key Parameters (all figures in Million)|
|Year||Revenue||PAT||EBITDA Margins||Profit Margins||Outstanding Shares||EPS|
Please find below the procedure for buying Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares at UnlistedZone.
Please find below the procedure for selling Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares at UnlistedZone.
Lock-in period of Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares depends upon category of investors.
DIS - Delivery Instruction Slip is the way through which an investor can sell or transfer the Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares from his/her demat account to any other demat account. There are two Types of DIS Slip.
In the last 4-5 years, the unlisted share market has become quite big and as a result of that, the ticket size has reduced from usual 5-10 Lac to 35-50k in today's scenario. So, via our UnlistedZone platform, if somebody wants to buy Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares then minimum investment would be 35-50k.
Yes, buying and selling of unlisted shares in India is 100% legal.
If you sell your shares within 2 years, then you will have to pay Short-term Capital gain on unlisted shares. Short-Term Capital Gain is added in your Income. So, as per individual tax slab you need to pay capital gain tax.
If you sell your shares after 2 years, then you will have to pay Long-term Capital gain on unlisted shares LTCG is 20% with indexation benefits.
Taxes will remain the same irrespective of listing of shares, if bought in unlisted market. Actually, to be eligible for taxes as per listed market, one has to pay STT on buying and selling of shares. But, if you buy in unlisted and sell in listed market, one pay STT only on selling so, taxes of listed market will not be applicable
If you buy Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares from UnlistedZone then these shares can checked in two ways. However, before we tell you the process of checking of shares, it is intimated that as per SEBI regulations, the shares can be transferred in demat account only.
Check credit of Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares Instantly?
The Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares are credited in demat account same day of transferring funds in our company's bank account.
The price of Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares can be checked in two ways. First, you can join our telegram channel where on daily basis we share the latest prices of all the unlisted shares in the morning and secondly, you can register on UnlistedZone.live platform to see the historical graphs and prices of all the shares at one place.
If you see the thesis of investment in the unlisted shares then it is being done mainly to take the advantage of IPO market. And, if the IPO plans of company get delayed due to market conditions or any other reason then demand suddenly drops in the market. The unlisted market works mainly on demand and supply and if there is no IPO news then getting exit would be difficult.
"UnlistedZone is India's fastest and leading marketplace to buy and sell unlisted shares. In the last 3 years, we have already served more than 1 million users on the platform. The total transactions value done from the platform is already more than 100 Crores. The name of our Co-founders Mr. Umesh Paliwal and Dinesh Gupta publish regularly in leading newspapers like MoneyControl, Business-Standard, ET etc for their views on IPO and Unlisted market. In the last 3 years, UnlistedZone has made a good name for itself in the industry and gained a trust of their users. So, the new investors should not be worried about any kind of fraud that is mostly happens with unkown brokers in the market while doing investment with UnlistedZone."
We at UnlistedZone do the valuation based on 2 methods.
As an investor in the unlisted space, we would always recommend that you must check all the risk parameter carefully before investing in the unlisted space.
We source shares either from the employees or initial investors looking to liquidate their Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares.
Pre-IPO shares means which are planning for an IPO in near future. So, all the shares which are traded on the platform are not Pre-IPO Shares. However, if the company's business is going good and then demand will always be there in the unlisted space, so even if the IPO does not come, the investors can easily liquidate their Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares in the unlisted market itself.
Rules and regulations of SEBI are applicable in the Unlisted space like lock-in period of 6 months, paying of Stamp Duty, and DP Charges for every transaction etc. However, to become an unlisted broker there is no such regulation by SEBI as of yet.
For tracking news and other information about Studds Accessories Limited Unlisted Shares, one can visit our website wherein we post news and other information on daily basis and one can also join our telegram channel.