About Studds Accessories
a) Studds Accessories which has started its journey in 1972 from manufacturing first helmet in a garage is today manufacturing 7 million helmets and motorcycle luggage every year. Studds Accessories Limited has today grown to become the largest two wheeler helmet manufacturer in the world.
UNIQUE- Their laboratory is the only one in the industry (in India) to be certified by European Safety Agency, and Safety – They use one of the best technologies in the world to produce certified products.
In FY19-20, they have manufactured 66 Lakhs helmets up from 58 Lakhs last year.
b) Headquartered in Faridabad, the Company has four state-of-the-art facilities manufacturing an extensive array of over 50 products. Backed by a rich legacy, a strong product portfolio and a robust dealer network, the Company has more than 26% market share in India and offers products to more than 40 countries across the globe.
c) The company has 4 business verticals.
2. Motorcycle Accessories
3. Face Shields and Face Masks.
4. Bicycle Helmets.
d) As on 31st March 2020, Studds Accessories has a network of 385 dealers spread across the globe and 7 EBO’s in India. The company has 2053 Number of employees.
Presence of the Company
The company has a presence in almost 40 countries in the world.
a) Innovation- 16 New Products launches in the last 3 years.
b) Excellence- 21 No. of quality/safety tests done in-house (per helmet as per ECE 22.05 standard).
c) Adaptability- 7 Different sizes are available in the helmet.
d) Presence- Over 385 Active dealer network across India as on 31st March 2020 across more than 40 countries.
Look and Feel of the Products of the Company
a) Full-face helmet and b) Flip-up full-face helmets
c) Flip-off full-face helmets and
d) Open Face Helmets
e) Sporting helmets and f) Industrial Helmets
(a) The company sells a helmet in the range of Rs.825 to 2165 under the brand name Studds having a market share of 25% as of FY18.
(b) The company sells a helmet in the range of Rs.2300 to 9800 under the brand name SMK having a market share of 27.79% as of FY18.
(c) Apart from selling a helmet the company also in the business of Motorcycle Accessories like Jacket, Gloves, Glass, etc.
(d) The 90% of the Revenue comes from Helmet division and 10% comes from Motorcycle Accessories.
(e) The 92.3% of the business comes from the Domestic Market and rest 7.97% comes from Export.
Latest Interaction with Management- 16.05.2020
How Helmets are Manufactured in Studds Factory
1. Despite challenges in the market Studds have performed well and the top line grew by 10.85%. Besides, growth in the top line, the operating EBIDTA grew at 41.16% and the PAT grew by 81.05% from the preceding year.
2. This year Studds has made significant investments to develop a world-class R&D facility, backward integration by manufacturing EPSL in the plant, with an endeavor to improve the quality of the products and meet stringent safety standards.
3. During the year, the company has stepped up efforts to improve relations with its dealers and distributors and it helped to significantly increase its market share. As of 31st March 2020, the network of 385 dealers is spread across the globe and 7 EBO’s in India.
4. This year the company has launched new products i.e. Titan Fiber, Titan Carbon, Sub Urban. They are planning to further bolster the segment with the launch of riding gear, jackets, armours, elbow guards, knee guards, and shoes.
5. This year company has sold 66.5 Lakhs (Domestic + Global) and globally has a Domestic market share in Two Wheelers helmets as 25.66%.
|Total Available Shares:||10|
|Face Value:||₹ 5 Per Equity Share|
|Lot Size:||50-100 Shares|
|Current Unlisted Share Price:||₹ Best in industry Per Equity Share|
|Retail Discount:||Bulk Deal (1%)|
|Assets and Liabilities (all figures in Million)|
|Year||Asset||Liabilities||Net Worth||Book Value||Debt||Debt/Equity||RONW|
|Profit n Loss Key Parameters (all figures in Million)|
|Year||Revenue||PAT||EBITDA Margins||Profit Margins||Outstanding Shares||EPS|