Founded in the year 2018, by Saurabh Vashishtha, Amit Bagaria, and Kunal Suri, Simsim is a Delhi based startup in B2C segment. It is an e-commerce platform with altogether a different concept of selling products as compared to Amazon and Flipkart. It is India’s #1 short-videos and shopping application.
In India, the retail market size is around 42 Lakh Crores and out of which the big e-commerce giants holds 3-4 Lakh Crores. That means the major portion is still being catered by brick and mortar type shops. The reason being, the comfort and trust that brick and mortar gives. Moreover, in the shops you will find someone as a sales person showing you the products, telling the pros and cons, and finally helping you in buying the products of your choice. Moreover, the majority of users of e-commerce websites are from top tier cities.
Now, what Simsim is doing, it is trying to replicate the kind of feel and comfort you get in brick and mortar shops, with sales person selling products in your own language of understanding. At present they are selling products through videos commerce in 4 languages Hindi, English, Tamil and Bengali. To act as a sales person, they have hired video influencers in different languages to show case the products, how to use them and finally help buyer buying them. There users are mostly from tier-II and tier-III cities.
Amazing Stats of Simsim
1. They have more than 1 million users on its platform.
2. They have more than 1200 video influencers on its website.
1. Secured $1.7 Million seed funding in the first round from Sunil Kalra , Good Capital , Accel and Shunwei Capital
2. Raised Series-A funding of $6 Million in July-2019 from Shunwei Capital, Good Capital, and Accel.
3. Raised Series-A funding of $8 Million in Feb-2020 from Shunwei Capital, and Accel
|Total Available Shares:||Not Available|
|Face Value:||₹ 10 Per Equity Share|