(i) Reliance Retail is the retail initiative of the Reliance group and is central to consumer-facing businesses. It has in a short time forged strong and enduring bonds with millions of consumers by providing them an unlimited choice, outstanding value proposition, superior quality and unmatched experience across all its stores.
Reliance Retail was founded with a view to revolutionise retail in India. Today, it is the largest, fastest growing and most profitable retail company in India with diversified omni-channel presence through integrated store concepts and digital commerce platforms. It is the only Indian retailer to feature in the list of ‘Global Powers of Retailing’.
As a market leader, Reliance Retail caters to five key consumption baskets –
1) Consumer Electronics 2) Fashion & Lifestyle 3) Grocery 4) Pharma Retail and 5) Connectivity.
(ii) Reliance Retail has adopted a multi-prong strategy and operates a chain of neighborhood stores, supermarkets, wholesale cash & carry stores, specialty stores, and online stores and has democratized access to a variety of products and services across diverse segments for Indian consumers.
(iii) Serving the food and grocery category Reliance Retail operates Reliance Fresh, Reliance Smart and Reliance Market stores.
In the consumer electronics category Reliance Retail operates Reliance Digital, Reliance Digital Express Mini stores, and Jio stores,
In fashion & lifestyle category it operates Reliance Trends, Trends Women, Project Eve, Reliance Footprint, Reliance Jewels and AJIO.com in addition to a large number of partner brand stores across the country.
(iv) The operating model is based on customer-centricity while leveraging common centers of excellence in technology, business processes, and supply chain. More importantly, it has built a strong and unwavering foundation through its extraordinary people. The nationwide network of retail stores offers a world-class shopping environment and unmatched customer experience.
(v) Reliance Retail has emerged as the partner of choice for international brands and has established exclusive partnerships with many revered international brands such as Diesel, Superdry, Hamleys, Ermenegildo Zegna, Marks and Spencer, Paul & Shark, Thomas Pink, Kenneth Cole, Brooks Brothers, Steve Madden, Payless Shoesource, Grand Vision and many more.
(vi) Reliance Retail reported a turnover of Rs. 1,30,566 crore for the financial year 2018-19. As on 31st Mar 2019, Reliance Retail operates 10,415 stores across 6,600+ cities with a retail area of over 22 million sq.ft.
(vii) Reliance Retail Ventures Limited, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited is the holding company of Reliance Retail Limited which operates the retail business.
Reliance Retail Annual Performance in FY20-21
Operation Analysis of Reliance Retail in FY20-21
1. Despite of spread of COVID-19 and lockdown imposed by government of India, Reliance Retail delivered a resilient performance last year. On a consolidated basis, Reliance Retail delivered revenue of 1,55,209 crore against 1,60,965 crore for the previous year.
2. The revenues were impacted on account of store closures (80% stores operational), lower footfalls (65% of last year) and operational disruptions through the year.
3. The Company delivered a consolidated EBITDA of 8,373 crore for FY 2020-21 against 9,518 crore for the previous year, driven by the gradual rebound of revenue streams and judicious cost management initiatives.
4. The Company has earned profit after tax of 4,587 crore against 5,540 crore for the previous year.
Business Analysis of Reliance Retail
1. The petro-retail dealership between Reliance Industries Limited (‘RIL’) and the Company’s subsidiary Reliance Petro Marketing Limited (‘RPML’) has ended. Consequently, the consolidated revenues of the Company have been impacted. RPML has continued to operate its bulk Lubricants business and packing and distribution of Liquefied Petroleum Gas business.
2. Reliance Retail has transferred its supply chain business to Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (‘RRVL’), its holding Company as a ‘going concern’ on ‘slump sale’ basis.
3. Reliance Retail business continued to attract and serve millions of customers across the country far and wide. The registered customer base now stands at 15 Crores, a growth of 25% Y-o-Y.
4. Reliance Retail business has been launched and rapidly scaled-up Jio-Mart and built last-mile fulfilment capacity a fresh to enable home delivery of essentials across 200 cities.
5. Jio-Mart has since grown to become India’s leading hyperlocal delivery platform with more users, more orders, and more products with each passing month.
Industry Trend in Retail Market
1. India’s retail market is estimated at US$822 billion in FY 2019- 20 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% over next five years to reach US$1,315 billion by FY 2024-25.
2. The penetration of organised retail market is estimated at 11% in FY 2019-20 and is expected to grow to 18% by FY 2024-25.
3. The unorganised retail market is poised to grow to over US$1 trillion over this period, making it amongst the most attractive consumer sector opportunities across the world.
Financial Performance of Reliance Retail
|Particulars (in Cr)||March-21||March-20|
Valuation of Reliance Retail
1. Reliance Retail Unlisted Share Price = 2600
2. Weighted Average Shares before dilution = 532 Crores
3. Weighted Average Shares after dilution = 932 Crores
Valuation (Basic) = 13.83 Lakh Crores
Valuation (Diluted) = 24 Lakh Crores
Current valuation of Reliance Industries is ~15 Lakh Crores and Reliance Retail is trading at ~14 Lakh Crores which is insanely valued in unlisted market. The main reason is very low equity available in unlisted market and demand is very high.
|Total Available Shares:||100|
|Face Value:||₹ 10 Per Equity Share|
|Lot Size:||50 Shares|
|Current Unlisted Share Price:||₹ Best in industry Per Equity Share|
|Avenue Super Mart Snapshot (Figures in Crores)|
Please find below the procedure for buying Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares at UnlistedZone.
Please find below the procedure for selling Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares at UnlistedZone.
Lock-in period of Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares depends upon category of investors.
DIS - Delivery Instruction Slip is the way through which an investor can sell or transfer the Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares from his/her demat account to any other demat account. There are two Types of DIS Slip.
In the last 4-5 years, the unlisted share market has become quite big and as a result of that, the ticket size has reduced from usual 5-10 Lac to 35-50k in today's scenario. So, via our UnlistedZone platform, if somebody wants to buy Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares then minimum investment would be 35-50k.
Yes, buying and selling of unlisted shares in India is 100% legal.
If you sell your shares within 2 years, then you will have to pay Short-term Capital gain on unlisted shares. Short-Term Capital Gain is added in your Income. So, as per individual tax slab you need to pay capital gain tax.
If you sell your shares after 2 years, then you will have to pay Long-term Capital gain on unlisted shares LTCG is 20% with indexation benefits.
Taxes will remain the same irrespective of listing of shares, if bought in unlisted market. Actually, to be eligible for taxes as per listed market, one has to pay STT on buying and selling of shares. But, if you buy in unlisted and sell in listed market, one pay STT only on selling so, taxes of listed market will not be applicable
If you buy Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares from UnlistedZone then these shares can checked in two ways. However, before we tell you the process of checking of shares, it is intimated that as per SEBI regulations, the shares can be transferred in demat account only.
Check credit of Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares Instantly?
The Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares are credited in demat account same day of transferring funds in our company's bank account.
The price of Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares can be checked in two ways. First, you can join our telegram channel where on daily basis we share the latest prices of all the unlisted shares in the morning and secondly, you can register on UnlistedZone.live platform to see the historical graphs and prices of all the shares at one place.
If you see the thesis of investment in the unlisted shares then it is being done mainly to take the advantage of IPO market. And, if the IPO plans of company get delayed due to market conditions or any other reason then demand suddenly drops in the market. The unlisted market works mainly on demand and supply and if there is no IPO news then getting exit would be difficult.
"UnlistedZone is India's fastest and leading marketplace to buy and sell unlisted shares. In the last 3 years, we have already served more than 1 million users on the platform. The total transactions value done from the platform is already more than 100 Crores. The name of our Co-founders Mr. Umesh Paliwal and Dinesh Gupta publish regularly in leading newspapers like MoneyControl, Business-Standard, ET etc for their views on IPO and Unlisted market. In the last 3 years, UnlistedZone has made a good name for itself in the industry and gained a trust of their users. So, the new investors should not be worried about any kind of fraud that is mostly happens with unkown brokers in the market while doing investment with UnlistedZone."
We at UnlistedZone do the valuation based on 2 methods.
As an investor in the unlisted space, we would always recommend that you must check all the risk parameter carefully before investing in the unlisted space.
We source shares either from the employees or initial investors looking to liquidate their Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares.
Pre-IPO shares means which are planning for an IPO in near future. So, all the shares which are traded on the platform are not Pre-IPO Shares. However, if the company's business is going good and then demand will always be there in the unlisted space, so even if the IPO does not come, the investors can easily liquidate their Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares in the unlisted market itself.
Rules and regulations of SEBI are applicable in the Unlisted space like lock-in period of 6 months, paying of Stamp Duty, and DP Charges for every transaction etc. However, to become an unlisted broker there is no such regulation by SEBI as of yet.
For tracking news and other information about Reliance Retail Limited Unlisted Shares, one can visit our website wherein we post news and other information on daily basis and one can also join our telegram channel.