Financial of Nazara Tech( Fig. in Crores )
History of Dividends
Review of Financials of FY18-19
|Dividend Per Share
The company has registered profit after tax of Rs. 4.4 Crores in the financial year ended March 31, 2019, on a consolidated level as against Rs. 1.211 in the previous financial year ended March 31, 2018.
The EBITDA margins have declined on account of change in revenue mix with a contribution of esports and freemium increasing from 11.04% in the financial year ended March 2018 to 43.77% in the financial year 2019.
. EBITDA margins will increase in the coming year as esports and freemium businesses see a sharp improvement in EBITDA margins over the years because of high player retention in mobile games and organic downloads increasing with word of mouth publicity. Likewise, media rights kick in for esports once an IP has been established and the scale of brand sponsorships increases with the maturing of the IP.
4. The Company has made the following allotments on the preferential basis:
a) 34,959 Equity Shares of Rs.4/- each at a price of Rs. 728/- for cash aggregating to Rs. 25.40 million on private placement Basis to Azimuth Investments Limited on 18th July 2019.
b) 4,71,740 Equity Shares of Rs. 4/- each at the price of Rs. 728/- aggregating to Rs. 343.40 million to the shareholders of Absolute Sports Private Limited on private placement basis for consideration other than cash (i.e. by way of swap of 1,07,450 Equity shares of Absolute Sports Private Limited with the Equity shares of the Company) on 16th September 2019.
Review of Financials of FY19-20
1. In FY19-20, Nazara Tech revenue has grown by 47% and it touched the revenue of 250 Crores. Over the years, Nazara Tech has diversified its business model and it is no more dependent on telecom-subscription business only. Currently, it earns revenue from telco, freemium, and e-sports business. Below are the stats of different revenue models of Nazara Tech.
||Rights to distribute aggregated gaming content
||World Cricket Championship
||Nodwin + Sports Keeda
|Real Money Gaming
||Halaplay, Big PESA
2. Nazara Technology has spent around 105 Crores more in "Advertisement and Promotion
" in FY19-20 which leads to losses this year as compare to FY18-19.
3. In FY19-20, Nazara Tech has strengthened its leadership in esports and cricket simulation mobile game in Indian market and added Sportskeeda (a multi sports news destination in its portfolio) and increased its stake in Halaplay –fantasy sports offering to ensure multiple touch points with new age sports fans in India.
4. Nazara further augmented its presence in kids vertical by acquiring a majority in Paperboat Apps (51%) in FY 19-20. Paperboat Apps publishes a subscription app under the brand name of Kiddopia in North America for preschool kids that teaches everything from math, language skills, general knowledge and social skills to creativity through fun & exciting game play through in house created gamified learning content.
5. For more details about Nazara Tech Annual Report 2019-20, please visit this link
Nazara Technology Annual Report 2019-20
Nazara Technology Annual Report 2018-19
Nazara Technology Annual Report 2017-18