Overview of the Bharat Hotels
(i) They are one of the leading privately-owned domestic hotel brands in India, according to the CRISIL Report, engaged in the business of operating and managing hotels, palaces, and resorts, with a focus on the luxury segment. As at March 31, 2018, they operated 12 luxury hotels, palaces and resorts under The Lalit brand and two mid-market segment hotels under The Lalit Traveller brand across India‘s key business and leisure travel destinations, offering 2,261 rooms.
(ii) In addition, they hold the exclusive rights to provide management consultancy services in connection with the operation and management of a hotel in London, The Lalit London, which offered 70 rooms as of March 31, 2018.
(iii) The luxury hotels operating across India under The Lalit brand are grouped into the following three categories:
a) City hotels: The LaLiT New Delhi, The LaLiT Mumbai, The LaLiT Ashok Bangalore, The LaLiT Great Eastern Kolkata, The LaLiT Jaipur, and The LaLiT Chandigarh.
b) Palaces: The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur and The LaLiT Grand Palace Srinagar.
c) Resorts: The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, The LaLiT Resort & Spa Bekal (Kerala), The LaLiT Mangar, and The LaLiT Temple View Khajuraho.
Future Plans of Bharat Hotels
(i) Going forward, they intend to develop three new hotels under The LaLiT brand in Ahmedabad, Mangalore, and Dehradun which will, in aggregate, offer 290 rooms and 115 cottages, when completed.
(ii) They also intend to develop 50 additional rooms at The LaLiT Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur.
(iii) They also operate two hotels in the mid-market segment under The LaLiT Traveller brand, which are The LaLiT Traveller Jaipur and The LaLiT Traveller Khajuraho. They intend to develop four new hotels under The LaLiT
Traveller brand in Ahmedabad, Pune, Amritsar, and Chitrakoot which will, in the aggregate, offer 308 rooms, when completed.
(iv) Further, in the F&B segment, they operate 45 restaurants, bars, and bakery outlets as of March 31, 2018, across our hotels in India. They have developed their own brands, such as 24/7, Baluchi, OKO, The LaLiT Boulangerie, Kitty Su, and The LaLiT Food Truck Company.
Business Performance Bharat Hotel FY19-20
1. The Lalit Suri Hospitality Group was recording a steady growth in its revenues in the last financial year until the
set-back in the last quarter from January 2020 onwards due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of almost negligible business from January onwards, Bharat Hotel came in the loss in FY19-20.
2. Due to COVID-19, the hospitality sector was affected quite badly. With social distancing, quarantine measures, travel bans, etc., it is expected that hospitality will take a longer time to revive. Plus the fixed cost is the same as before and with revenue declining, Bharat Hotel has faced liquidity issues in the business.
3. In order to increase the revenue during the lockdown, some of the hotels have accommodated doctors on COVID 19 duty at hospitals at fixed rates to be paid by the Government. Apart from this, Bharat Hotel has also started home delivery of bakery, confectionery, and gourmet hampers. The Company is also exploring possibilities of digital channels to make more products and services available to guests like Ayurveda doctor consultancy, wellness packages, chef at home, bartender at home, Kitty comes home, industrial catering.
Business and Operation performance of Bharat Hotel in FY20-21
1. Bharat Hotel Unlisted Share has recorded unprecedented decline in revenue and losses on both standalone and consolidated basis during the last financial year amid the COVID-19 crisis. The business operations of the Company were severely disrupted during the first-half of last year due to lockdown, travel restrictions and other control measures implemented by the Government to contain the spread of the pandemic.
2. During this period some of the hotels were accommodating doctors on COVID-19 duty at fixed rates paid by the Government. The hotels pan-India could not fully operationalise even by the end of year 2020 and witnessed huge reduction in their operating cashflows that has put abrupt pressure on liquidity levels of the Company.
3. Bharat Hotel had put up a strong impetus on cost optimization by reviewing all expenses to ensure only the very critical expenses were incurred; the Company has been able to generate a positive EBIDTA despite substantial reduction in the revenue.
4. Several strategic initiatives have been taken to reinstate the business including consolidation of various units of the Company and discontinuation of unprofitable or onerous operations. To better manage its liquidity position, the Company has restructured its existing borrowings from various banks under the RBI guidelines on “Resolution Framework for COVID-19 related Stress”.
5. The revenue of Bharat Hotel declined from 729 Crores in FY20 to 172 Crores in FY21.
6. Bharat Hotel has incurred a loss of ~90 Crores in FY20-21.
|Total Available Shares:||500|
|Face Value:||₹ 10 Per Equity Share|
|Lot Size:||100 Shares|
|Current Unlisted Share Price:||₹ 175 Per Equity Share|
|Deeksha Holding Limited||40.42%|
|Mr. Jayant Nanda||26.32%|
|Dr. Jyotsna Suri||9.55%|
|Responsible Holding Private Limited||9.35%|
|Mr. Keshav Suri||5.11%|
|Number of available rooms||2261||2206||2207||2207||2046|
|Number of hotels||14||13||13||13||12|
|Average Occupancy Rate (%)||62||55||51||45||38|
|Average RevPAR (₹)||3974||3494||3200||2973||2813|
|Average TRevPAR (₹)||9143||8256||7679||6949||6461|
|Average expense per room (₹ million)||2.35||2.13||2.01||1.86||1.77|
|Average staff per room ratio||1.69||1.68||1.66||1.57||1.69|
|EBITDA (₹ million)||2242||1954||1777||1227||781|
|EBITDA margin (%)||29.71%||29.42%||28.66%||23.04%||17.78%|
|Particulars (Cr)||Lemon Tree||Bharat Hotel|
|Revenue growth in 5 years||-11.56%||-27%|
Please find below the procedure for buying Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares at UnlistedZone.
Please find below the procedure for selling Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares at UnlistedZone.
Lock-in period of Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares depends upon category of investors.
DIS - Delivery Instruction Slip is the way through which an investor can sell or transfer the Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares from his/her demat account to any other demat account. There are two Types of DIS Slip.
In the last 4-5 years, the unlisted share market has become quite big and as a result of that, the ticket size has reduced from usual 5-10 Lac to 35-50k in today's scenario. So, via our UnlistedZone platform, if somebody wants to buy Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares then minimum investment would be 35-50k.
Yes, buying and selling of unlisted shares in India is 100% legal.
If you sell your shares within 2 years, then you will have to pay Short-term Capital gain on unlisted shares. Short-Term Capital Gain is added in your Income. So, as per individual tax slab you need to pay capital gain tax.
If you sell your shares after 2 years, then you will have to pay Long-term Capital gain on unlisted shares LTCG is 20% with indexation benefits.
After listing of shares, the unlisted shares which you have bought through unlisted market, will be taxed at listed rates, if sold through exchange. So, taxes of listed market will be applicable. And, to calculate holding time, for determining LTCG or STCG, the purchase date of unlisted shares will be applicable.
If you buy Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares from UnlistedZone then these shares can checked in two ways. However, before we tell you the process of checking of shares, it is intimated that as per SEBI regulations, the shares can be transferred in demat account only.
Check credit of Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares Instantly?
The Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares are credited in demat account same day of transferring funds in our company's bank account.
The price of Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares can be checked in two ways. First, you can join our telegram channel where on daily basis we share the latest prices of all the unlisted shares in the morning and secondly, you can register on UnlistedZone.live platform to see the historical graphs and prices of all the shares at one place.
If you see the thesis of investment in the unlisted shares then it is being done mainly to take the advantage of IPO market. And, if the IPO plans of company get delayed due to market conditions or any other reason then demand suddenly drops in the market. The unlisted market works mainly on demand and supply and if there is no IPO news then getting exit would be difficult.
"UnlistedZone is India's fastest and leading marketplace to buy and sell unlisted shares. In the last 3 years, we have already served more than 1 million users on the platform. The total transactions value done from the platform is already more than 100 Crores. The name of our Co-founders Mr. Umesh Paliwal and Dinesh Gupta publish regularly in leading newspapers like MoneyControl, Business-Standard, ET etc for their views on IPO and Unlisted market. In the last 3 years, UnlistedZone has made a good name for itself in the industry and gained a trust of their users. So, the new investors should not be worried about any kind of fraud that is mostly happens with unkown brokers in the market while doing investment with UnlistedZone."
We at UnlistedZone do the valuation based on 2 methods.
As an investor in the unlisted space, we would always recommend that you must check all the risk parameter carefully before investing in the unlisted space.
We source shares either from the employees or initial investors looking to liquidate their Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares.
Pre-IPO shares means which are planning for an IPO in near future. So, all the shares which are traded on the platform are not Pre-IPO Shares. However, if the company's business is going good and then demand will always be there in the unlisted space, so even if the IPO does not come, the investors can easily liquidate their Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares in the unlisted market itself.
Rules and regulations of SEBI are applicable in the Unlisted space like lock-in period of 6 months, paying of Stamp Duty, and DP Charges for every transaction etc. However, to become an unlisted broker there is no such regulation by SEBI as of yet.
For tracking news and other information about Bharat Hotels Unlisted Shares, one can visit our website wherein we post news and other information on daily basis and one can also join our telegram channel.